Monday, August 12, 2013

Who needs friends when you can have frenemies?

In a blog by Inside the USA, the author calls out some interesting assumptions regarding media and its biases towards those venues or political candidates that it opposes.

I particularly like my classmates view on the entire political venue as she equates it high school girls stabbing each other in the back. I really like this assumption as I can see it playing out as our party system really does act that way. They are super nice to each other faces during debates and campaigns if representatives are there and able to defend themselves against allegations, however if no one is around then the claws come out and the mud starts flying. I also find it interesting that both parties spread gossip and claim the other is lying another key trait of a group of freshman girls.

 I also find it interesting that our parties also choose to support each other or band against other parties that might try and come in and break up their level of control. It seems that their only main goal is to maintain their status at the top of the cheerleading pyramid that is our political system. They care who gets to the top, but only as much as that’s the one who gets to date the football captain for the next 4 years.


I enjoyed Stephanie’s quizzical look into our political system and its seemingly immature behavior. I do however slightly disagree with her though, I've been around the block enough times to realize that although both of these girls might be attractive, I've decided to go stag to the prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment